My first course on Lynda.com is now live!
With the HealthKit API from Apple, you can create applications that help users track, manage, and visualize health and fitness data from their workouts. In this project-based course, learn how to get started with HealthKit, and explore key concepts by tackling a HealthKit-enabled project. Sarah Olson explains how to create a UI for starting and stopping workouts on an Apple Watch, as well as how to create and save workout sessions. Plus, she covers how to track heart rate data, display that data on an iPhone and Apple Watch, and display Activity rings.
- Creating a HealthKit-enabled project
- Authorizing HealthKit on an Apple Watch and iPhone
- Creating a workout on an Apple Watch
- Creating workout sessions
- Saving a workout to HealthKit
- Creating a query
- Displaying workout data on an iPhone
- Creating an Activity summary query
- Displaying an Activity ring on an Apple Watch and iPhone